1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optical from HR20 to receiver. NO sound

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Ronder, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronder

Ronder AllStar

Jul 9, 2007
    I was doing my finial cable organizing yesterday and the Optical cable going from he HR20 into the receiver kept falling out at the receiver end. Did not think to much about it till I noticed that the BLack plastic piece on the end of the cable [​IMG]was staying in the receiver. So my last step was to insert the round optic into the Black piece (it is all the way, as it is in like the cable from the dvd) and thinking that would be OK, fired the system up. Well no sound comes from the HR20 to the receiver! The TV has sound coming from the HDMI cable.

To me. I have a bad optical cable, if for no other reason than the plug is falling apart.

Any other ideas before I exchange the Cable (45 mile drive)?

Thanks,

Ron

2. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    watch out for the little door beaking to.. I had one of mine fall off and get stuck in there.. you should be able to see the little red light..

3. spamstew

spamstew Legend

Feb 16, 2006
    I don't think you have an issue with your cable. I had the same issue with my optical cable connection on my Sony Receiver. The coverplate snapped off so the cable cannot make a secure connection.

4. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    but either was I had the same issue. Got a new HR20 the next day and it's fine.
    Do yu see a red light on the other end when it's plugged in the the HR20? If not you port might be dead.

5. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Don't drive 45 min. get them from monoprice.com. Dirt cheap and high quality

6. Ronder

Ronder AllStar

Jul 9, 2007
    Thanks for the imput. Been to busy to 'go back there' and look at the issue in depth. But the darn thing was working before I notice the optical cable falling out.

If I was to guess I would say that 'something' is not letting the cable connect to the receiver, ie, the 'door thin'. But I will look to see if I see the red light coming from the HR20 too.

Well post my findings.

Thanks,

Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.