1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Options for sharing playlists

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bobru, Jan 24, 2014.

1. bobru

bobru New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Northeast
    I have an HR44-200 in my living room, and an R22-100 in my office. The R22 used to be in the living room, and has a bunch of unwatched programming. What are my options for sharing the playlists of the Genie and the R22?

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Menu > Settings > Whole Home

3. bobru

bobru New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Northeast
    I have those settings on allow on both; but I do not see the R22 on the Genie

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    In the playlist hit the dash key. Then chose playlist all.

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    does the R22 has a DECA attached, or at least an ethernet cable from your router?

6. bobru

bobru New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Northeast
    I have a cinema connection kit that is now connected to the HR44, which used to be connected to the R22. The R22 has neither. I just called them, and they are telling me the R22 is not capable of sharing the playlist unless I have yet another box on the account. WTF? This is NOT what they told me on the phone when they booked the appointment.

7. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    The R22 just needs a plain old fashion hard wire DECA.

8. bobru

bobru New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Northeast
    Oops...yep, there is one on there...

9. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    A properly configured R22 is indeed capable of WHDS and yes, the CCK can make that happen. The situation the CSR was incorrectly telling you about is when there aren't any HR2x series receivers or Genies on the account and if that were the case, WHDS and HD could not be enabled.

10. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    You may ditch the CCK if the following: You have a handy ethernet cable to run right into the HR44, and it's esthetically pleasing to the wife. Hook the DECA up to the R22, reset both boxes and put the CCK on the shelf. That's one way, neater and cleaner than others. If that's not a possibility, post back.

11. bobru

bobru New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Northeast
    Hmmm...so annoying...the DECA on the R22 is showing solid green on both power and network. I looked up my equipment on line. It still has r22 on the living room, and the HR44 in the family room, even though I just called and told them r22 is office, HR44, is living room; and it says the r22 is connected to the internet, and the HR44 is not, even though I have the connection kit on it. The HR44 says the WHDS is on;; the R22 says it is not authorized...any help would be very appreciated!

12. bobru

bobru New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Northeast
    ...oh, and, no I'm stuck with the CCK for the ethernet connection...If I reset both boxes, I lose my playlist in the R22, correct?

13. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    For now, pay no attention to it saying the 44 isn't connected, but rather, see if you can start a VOD on it.

You will not lose anything with a simple reset.

14. bobru

bobru New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Northeast
    Yep, VOD started on the HR44

15. bobru

bobru New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Northeast
    Both the HR44 & R22 are connected to the internet. I went online into my account and tried to activate the WH again, since telephone DTV said I wasn't being charged for it. I'm wating for the boxes to come back up after reset. I do have the R22 on an old tv, and had to switch the R22 to SD...that wouldn't affect anything, would it? The tv is connected with comp cables.

16. bobru

bobru New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Northeast
    Well, I reset them, and can get VOD on both; but still no playlist sharing...

17. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    I repeat the above.

Also

Go to menu ... Settings.... Whole home.... Status.

Do this on both. Do either
    List the other DVR?

18. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    With the R22 showing WHDVR as not authorized, it will not be able to list any DVRs

19. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    DirecTV policy regarding WHDVR is that you must, at the very least have an HDDVR and an HD receiver in order to have WHDVR. in the OP's case, he fails to meet this criteria. But then there is one caveat, usually if you get a Genie, it comes with WHDVR service as default.

With that being said, I am not sure that the R22 can be used in WHDVR without meeting DirecT's criteria to get the service.

20. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    If he's got a genie he's being charged for Whole Home Service, and since he has Hi Definition he's getting Hi Definition in the r22 there's really no excuse for DIRECTV not activating Whole Home Service on the r22. I'd call and complain till it got fixed or they swapped his r22 for a HR24 for free.