1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Order 4 cinema movies and get $10 back with a catch.....

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by KoRn, Dec 27, 2009.

1. KoRn

KoRn Legend

Oct 21, 2008
    So annoying. Why must DTV waste their time and postage sending vouchers? Especially customers enrolled in auto pay like myself. All they have to do is look at the bill and see the movies. Then credit $10 on the account. Instead they send 2 different vouchers and it takes 6-8 weeks to get them. :nono2:

2. skyviewmark1

skyviewmark1 Godfather

Sep 28, 2006
    Cause they hope you don't actually use them.

3. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    It's not a bad deal, you just have to "work" a little to get it.

4. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Same as a mail in rebate... a certain percentage of people will order the movies and never send in the vouchers.

Why must people complain about free stuff? If you don't like it don't do it. You'd think the CEO of DirecTV just came over your house and kicked your dog.

5. Knowledge

Knowledge AllStar

Oct 30, 2009
    Dance Monkey!!!! You got to work for that peanut!

6. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Sort of like the 200+ dollars in rebates I have coming back to me. Yeah, I have to take time to cut those UPC labels off boxes, and put everything in an envelope and mail it.

I do happen to use all those little deals that DirecTV throws at me for PPVs, especially when friends and family are here.

7. THX

THX Legend

Aug 5, 2004
    Ok, so how do we go about getting this $10 rebate if we already watched the movies?

I clicked through every URL I can see on directv.com and there are zero instructions as to how to actually go about redeeming this rebate.

8. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    From the OP it sounds as if it's a physical certificate or offer coupon he received in the mail.

9. Jan 1, 2010 #9 of 16
    islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    Sure, if they actually do it. I've stopped falling for these scams from DirecTV. EVERY time I have followed the directions to the letter on PPV offers and I have NEVER gotten a cent back on one. Now, I just ignore PPV offers. Besides, with PPV at $6 and DVDs going for $9, it makes little sense to do PPV. $6 with a 24 hour limit or $9 with a lifetime limit? Umm, tough choice.

10. Darcaine

Darcaine Legend

Aug 31, 2009
    Even 9 dollars is 8 dollars to much when there's a Red Box a couple blocks away. But then I don't consider 99% of Hollywood movies worth even a dollar to rent, I would never consider buying them.

I never really understood why people waste their money on overpriced PPV when there are so many other, cheaper, options for renting movies.

11. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'm glad there ARE people who rent the overpriced "DirecTV Cinema" movies because that extra revenue probably subsidizes those of us (me and you) who don't.

12. Elephanthead

Elephanthead Legend

Feb 3, 2007
    That extra revenue goes straight to pay for gold plated toilets for the executives to take a crap in. I have never seen DTV say we are making so much money, we have decided to not raise your rates this year. :lol:

13. Darcaine

Darcaine Legend

Aug 31, 2009
    Probably? So you don't know for sure but you still celebrate them getting "ripped off"?

14. ffemtreed

ffemtreed Icon

Jan 30, 2008
    i get those coupons in the mail for free PPV, catch is you have to send them in with your bill...... bad thing, i havn't gotten a paper bill from DTV in years....... call the CSR line and was told they only apply to people who get paper bills. Its a good incentive for the year 2010 paperless people!!!!

15. FussyBob

FussyBob Legend

Jan 11, 2009

I also have auto-pay, but the coupons have an address where to send them for subscriber with auto-pay. I get my credits with no problems.

16. ffemtreed

ffemtreed Icon

Jan 30, 2008
    I don't autopay. I don't trust any company to take money out of my account without me pressing the OK button. way too many horror stories out there.

I would assume if I sent those coupons in they would still work, even if I wasn't setup on autopay. maybe i'll take a risk and order a PPV. Haven't done that in a couple years.