1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ordered the 2 for 1 Special....

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by CarolinaGuy79, Oct 10, 2009.

1. CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79 Legend

Sep 9, 2009
    Of Starz and Showtime on the Directv website, I ordered it today and so far they have charged me $24 for both, when will the credit show up? thanks.

Andy

2. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I ordered that same 2 for 1 special from a CSR a couple days ago and they said it would show up as an $11.01 credit on my next statement. Looked at my new statement online today and no credit. Called and they said it shows that its going to process and should be on my next statement. So we shall see.

3. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    It should show up around 30 days after you placed the order, and at the same time the next 3 months of your 2-for-1 special. Its just their way of doing things. Enjoy.....I'm enjoying my order.

4. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    It should show at the start of your billing cycle. I added this deal last month and the credit did apply in 7 days.
    09/21 09/28 STARZ and SHOWTIME Partial Month Charge 6.40
    09/29 10/28 STARZ and SHOWTIME Monthly 24.00
    09/29 10/28 STARZ and SHOWTIME 2-for-1 STARZ/SHOW for 3 Mos -11.01 Credit

5. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    I was wondering about the credit also. I'll check when the next bill is due and hopefully it has been added by then. The CSR gave me a pleasant surprise by offerering a $10 credit for the next six months and that showed up right away.

6. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    It probably depends on when you place the order. I ordered it 2 days before my last statement, so 7 days later would mean it should be on my next statement.

7. specialkd24

specialkd24 Cool Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Same thing happened to me. I ordered it and got my bill in the mail and they charged me for both. I called them and I was told it would show up on my next bill.

I've done a 2-for-1 before and had the credit on my initial bill. I wonder if it does have something to do when your cycle begins/ends.

I was a little miffed when I found out I'll have to wait until the next bill to get the credit. If they active the service (and sent me an email saying I had the special) they should be able to put the credit right on there.

8. CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79 Legend

Sep 9, 2009
    Well I don't think the 3 months should start till they give you the credit.

9. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    As expected, my credit for the 2 for 1 Showtime special will appear on my 11/8 statement. Its odd that this credit doesn't appear until a month after you add the service, but I'm just glad it showed up w/o having to call. Since the credits always post a day before the statement, I checked my account today and it appears as follows: