1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ordering my 622 (Don't give up)

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by zer0cool, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zer0cool

zer0cool Godfather

Nov 23, 2004
    Where there's a good CSR, there's a way.

I had quite an ordeal yesterday. first I was told by a Dish rep that I could order a 622, but since my account was with SBC, they would have to complete the order. After being transferred to SBC, I went through setting up the order. I asked if I had to send them my 921(since I own it). The rep wasn't sure, so she put me on hold.
    She came back to tell me I did not have to return my 921, since they would not be sending me a 622. Apparently SBc customers don't deserve good stuff.
    At first they told me I could move my account to Dish, but was then told that was impossible.
    Called Dish back, was told to "remove bundling" from my SBC account and then I
    would be a Dish customer. I did that with SBc and called Dish back. After being transferred to a sales supervisor, I was told only NEW customers can get a 622 (for any price), and my only option was to cancel my service, wait six months and resubscribe. (Now that's a prett poor business model). So, I'm not a dish sub if I want a 622 as a SBC customer, but I am a Dish sub if I want new service. I knew this was BS, so I asked for her supervisor. She hung up on me.
    I called back and got a very nice CSR who offered to set me up as a "new" customer. She checked my phone number only to find that ny SBC account hadn't been fully transferred yet, so she used my Cell phone number. She set up my order for a 622 and together we determined which package would be the best for me. Her name was Helen.................................. Helen,I love you

2. thecodeman

thecodeman Mentor

Jan 30, 2006
    Wow, that's weird. I'm an SBC customer with Dish and had no problems getting a 622 leased yesterday after their systems finished updating.

3. zer0cool

zer0cool Godfather

Nov 23, 2004
    Hmmmm...... maybe I should give them a call back. Did you have any issues with changing programming? (If you attempted to). Did you call the Dish service number on the SBC website?

4. thecodeman

thecodeman Mentor

Jan 30, 2006
    I called the "exisiting customer number" on Dish Network's website every time I have called. I usually do menus 1 (exisiting customer) 2 (programming) and 0 (i want a person).

I currently have the 811 and AT120/locals. I changed to the 622 and DishHD Platinum/locals. No issues here, except I am still sore after the $300 and nervous that I wont get my 622 on time because DishDirect (www.dishdirect.com) employees keep telling me that they dont have them at all because of a recall and you wont see any for 6 weeks.

5. ChriswGood

ChriswGood New Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Dish was so nice to me...when I told them I was going to cancel my service. I had just moved into a new house about a month ago and when I did, I installed a new DVR 625. I was just able to get a new HDTV last week and told them I wanted the new ViP622 and to return the 625 I got a month ago. The funny thing is, I had no idea it was such a hot new item, I just noticed the lower price tag. They said no problem and said it would take til 2/28 to probably get the 622. But, it sounds like that may be optimistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.