1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ORDERING PIZZA in 2015 will be DIFFERENT

Discussion in 'The OT' started by hdtvfan0001, May 31, 2012.

1. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    I was going to post this in the LAUGHTER THREAD....but some folks might actually find this VIDEO DEMONSTRATION disturbing as opposed to funny...

http://www.aclu.org/pizza/images/screen.swf

2. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    That was too funny, but I can see that happening, when I worked at American Express the computers told the CSR's what the card members purchasing trends were so that AMEX could target sales items to the callers. Having everything from health records and liability waivers seems far fetched but not out of the realm of possibility.

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    That's starting to happen. New York City Mayor Michael Bloomburg is proposing a ban on the sale of large size sugary drinks by restaurants, mobile food carts, movie theaters, and delis to fight obesity. Who the hell does he think he is?

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It's actually fairly stupid, because one, diet sodas are at least technically exempt because its based on calories, and it does not prohibit free refills.

5. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    What's stupid is Americans not taking action against a handful of elected mucky mucks who think they know better and begin to dictate what we can and cannot do!

6. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    No stinkin' gubbamint is gonna tell me what I can and can't do.....

But it is nice to have them pay the medical bills for my type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and give me disability benefits for being too fat to wipe myself.

7. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Hah! That's both amusing and disturbing!

Reminds me I was tempted to tell a fat young woman heading back to her seat at the ball game, "Nooooooooo! You are the last person who should be shepherding two large nachos n cheese back to your seat!" But that played out only in my mind. I wish I never even had the thought in the first place....

8. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    TMI.:nono2:

So you pay your taxes willingly?

9. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    The Mayor! He's on the right track, but the methodology is weak and intrusive.

What would you propose to fight obesity? It is, or will be, the largest single cost in our heath care system, which we all pay for in one way or another.

10. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    But the responsibility where it belongs. On those who are obese.

11. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Except that has proved to be extremely ineffective! And health problems from this hazard are growing.

12. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Part of the problem is the definition of "obese".

I am not a small guy, and by definiton I am "grossly obese"

However, I would argue that I am more healthy than some of the people that are supposidly "normal".

13. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    You really want more government in your life? When was the last time one of your elected officials contacted you and said I/we are thinking of enacting legislation on the following and need your input? After all, I represent and work for you.

14. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    They do things like this on one side, but then kids get punished for trying to ride their bikes or walking to school.

15. jdskycaster

jdskycaster Legend

Sep 1, 2008
    This is already happening if you use google search, shop on amazon.com, subscribe to facebook, use a credit card... the list goes on and on.

16. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    John Wayne said it best in one of his movies. "Everybody gets dead. When it happens it's because it was their turn".

17. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009

This appears to be in direct conflict with your opposition of the "fat tax", or perhaps you have some other means of delivery?

18. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Is there a difference between an alcohol/cigarette tax and a tax on food that is considered extremely unhealthy?

19. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    I suspect the health issues of the caller is miniscule compared to the overall information that the Pizza Palace has on the caller. ;)

20. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Sounds good, Free credit score and bank balance check with every pizza.