1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oregon marriage proposal goes viral on YouTube

Discussion in 'The OT' started by phrelin, May 27, 2012.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I picked this up from the LA Times, but the original article in the Oregonian.

These people have some really great family and friends.

[YOUTUBEHD]5_v7QrIW0zY[/YOUTUBEHD]

2. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Wow! What fun and what memories they will have of that special moment.

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I love original proposals

4. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Cute, but Bah humbug! A proposal of marriage should be a private, quiet and intimate occasion between two lovers. Save the hoopla for the wedding, if there is to be one.

5. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Nick, I get the feeling you're going to be very much in the minority on this one.

I wish I had enough talented friends and acquaintances to have pulled something like that off. It was hard enough getting my proposal arranged back in 2009 - 1500 miles from home at the right restaurant at the right time (after the fireworks) at the right table (on the lagoon)...

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Different strokes for different folks.

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I think it depends a lot on the personalities. If she was a shy, reserved type I'd say it would be a bad way to do it. But it seems like she really liked it, and that is what is important.

But he has a lot of work ahead to top it, unless the wedding will be understated and reserved.

8. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I'm sure you're right, DJ, I don't say anything just to be with the majority. You know I have my own opinions and I speak my mind. I've never been one to follow the crowd. I blaze my own trails, cut a wide swath and take the road less travelled.
    We all could use a few more good friends, but that video wasn't just a proposal, it was a manipulation. That's the way I rolled. No bands, no cartwheels, no dancing bears, just she and I, alone and in love.

9. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    One thing someone that does this type of public proposal has to do is be confident that the person wouldn't have said no. At that point, it's not manipulation. It's only that if they feel they cant be honest and say no.

10. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Very neat, thanks for the share!

Now, do I show my wife or don't I?! :grin:

11. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Never understood how anyone could get up the nerve to propose. How horrible it must be to have the person you're proposing to reject the proposal. My advice, to guys who have asked for it, is to wait until the woman proposes. They will, if they want to get married.

Rich

12. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    My thanx. That was a wonderful video.

Rich

13. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Also, they are both performers by profession. That probably makes a difference.

I do wonder if the artist owns the rights to the song. Usually by now the label would have pulled it from YouTube.

14. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Well, I enjoyed it. I could tell it was choreographed to some extent, but I didn't know how many of them were performers.

Rich

15. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    From http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...d-man-choreographs-an-elaborate-proposal?lite

16. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    For sure. Don't know if you ever caught Howie Mandel's "Mobbed?" He was interviewed on Howard Stern a ways back and he said one of the "flashmobbed victims" refused the guys proposal (or whatever it was) and it created quite a problem for the producers.

17. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    They were interviewed on one of the morning shows and they said it was pre-planned and rehearsed. No way they could have pulled that off without planning. They also had a LOT of friends.

18. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It doesn't necessarily matter what the artist thinks. There's a group that originally was a college group and posted a few videos years later on YouTube. An exec saw them and signed them, then later on the videos that caused them to be discovered were pulled for violation.

I entered a contest by TSO with my Christmas lights, you had to post the video with synchronization to one of their songs on YouTube. Copyright violation. Their management company said there was nothing they could do, the label had final say.

19. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Six months of rehearsal apparently.

20. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    This video is probably the best advertisement for Bruno Mars release. I'm going to guess that there will be a resurgence in sales for the song.
    YouTube is chock full of lip synced and live singing videos by everyday people. Those are some of the most popular videos on YT. I doubt the "lip dub proposal" will be pulled.