1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Orphan Black

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Drucifer, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    BBC AMERICA'S NEW ORIGINAL SERIES "ORPHAN BLACK"
    PREMIERES SATURDAY, MARCH 30 AT 9:00PM ET/PT

READ MORE

2. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    Sounds interesting to me. Setup to record.

3. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I had just set this up this morning to record. Thanks for the info!

4. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Thanks for the heads up, I just TIVO'd it

5. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Sounds good -- I'm in!

6. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I've watched the first 3 episodes and found it entertaining, so far, even though I have no idea where the story line's going! :lol:

7. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    I have yet to start watching. I'm probably going to save this one for a couple of months down the road when I'm recording less.

8. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    It's not too bad so far. It's got me wondering in what direction it's going to go.

9. Supramom2000

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I'm really liking it as well. It is perfect for Saturday's with nothing else to watch.

10. John Strk

John Strk Legend

Oct 16, 2009
    I love it!! One of the best new shows I've seen in a while. Plus it doesn't hurt that Tatiana Maslany is awfully nice to look at every week :p

11. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    This is one of those shows where I saw the previews and thought it would be something I like... I DVRed it... watched it and found it to be better than I thought it would be.

I've posted on another forum and said that Tatiana Maslany really is selling all her roles in this. The show doesn't work without you believing she is different people... and she is making that work.

12. LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE Hall Of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    New York
    Recorded, and plan to watch at a later date....

13. toobs

toobs Legend

Oct 10, 2012
    Its a great show. I just wished that it was a book first.

14. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    It's amazing on how many parts she is playing, all of them very different.

15. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Yep... I also had some observations and thoughts after tonight. I'm spoilering the one that relates to events on tonight's episode for those who haven't watched yet...

They snuck something in, then seemed to ignore it:
    Seemed to be an indication that perhaps the clones cannot have children, because there was surprise at Sarah saying Kiera was her biological daughter.

Meanwhile... I've wondered if Sarah might turn out to be the original... but then I thought about something else. Usually we get shows about clones OR shows about surprise twins... but what if they had both? What if Sarah was an original but also has a legitimate twin somewhere who is the source of the clones. That might be an interesting thing to throw into the mix.

Also, so far, all of the clones seem to be the same age. I wonder if that will continue to be the case, or if we will have younger or older versions running about.

16. Supramom2000

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Stewart, I wonder the same thing regards your spoiler. I thought it was a fairly dramatic plot point that was made even more so by the lack of discussion about it.

I also see some foreshadowing directed towards "Soccer Mom" and Kiera.

I really enjoyed last night's episode.

17. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Yes, I am really enjoying this show. I also picked up on the spoiler, but think they played it off right.

- Merg

18. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Agree... I think it was intentionally in there, so that observant fans would pick up on it... and they will revisit it later. I think it factors in a bit to how the clones will relate to each other over time IF that little spoiler nugget is true for everyone.

19. gpg

gpg DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    My 9pm et recording of tonight's show is all messed up. The picture is half off the screen and frozen. I think it may be the BBCAHD feed from DirecTv because all other channels are displaying normally. I'm recording the midnight episode in a few minutes. I suggest people check their recording ASAP so an alternate can be recorded if necessary.

20. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    I recorded it last night just fine. Watched it this morning with no issues.