1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Oscar Marathon - Day 1

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by dpeters11, Feb 22, 2014.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Went to AMC's Oscar showcase today.

Philomena - I think my favorite of the bunch, actually got emotional. I admit I love Judi Dench and don't think she could do any wrong :)
    Dallas Buyers Club - Definitely see the buzz about McConaughey in terms of best actor
    Wolf of Wall Street - better than I expected, though certainly long and over the top in several areas
    12 Years a slave - very difficult film, probably will win best picture.

The rest are next week.

2. carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan Icon

May 18, 2004
    Carlsbad, CA
    Saw Wolf of Wall Street a few weeks back. Thought it was brilliant. I thought DiCaprio nailed his role.

Going to see "American Hustle" today.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    DiCaprio certainly was good, though I think McConaughey will win, it does seem the Academy likes actors that go through the things that he had to, in the weight loss.