I'm looking to upgrade my primary television to an HD set. Unfortunately DirecTV won't upgrade me to an HR20/21 for less than $300, which is more than I'm willing to spend at this point. Hopefully when my R15 commitment is up next summer, DirecTV will offer me a better deal on an HR21, or I'll have the option to switch to Comcast or Fios. With an HDTV set now, I could still get OTA HD signals (but obviously couldn't record them on my SD R15). So I'm thinking it may make sense to get an HDTV now for OTA viewing. For DirecTV channels, I'm hoping that an HD television will get as good or better picture quality (compared to my SD set) hooked up to my SD R15. Does this make sense? Or am I better off waiting until spring or summer when HDTV prices may be lower and technology may be better?