1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ota and dual tuners

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by shadco, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadco

shadco AllStar

Jan 6, 2006
    Mastec just left.

They've run an OTA Antenna and connected it directly to the HR10-250 in lieu of running it into the Multi switch at the dish.

When testing the OTA it only shows signal on the second tuner is this normal??

2. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    No, it's not normal but happens. I had this once and then the next day, with a new antenna I was getting signals from both tuners.

3. msmith

msmith Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    There was a run of bad HR10-250's early on that had trouble with the splitter inside the box for OTA. Consider reporting the problem to DTV and requesting a replacement.

4. greywolf

greywolf DBSTalk Club Member

Jul 13, 2005
    I haven't heard that one. The only hardware problem that got big mention was the HDMI card attachment that was fixed 11/04. Depending on what channels are selected, a false zero may be reported. Select an OTA channel. Then press the down arrow or Live TV button to switch to the other tuner. Select another OTA channel. switch between the two tuners with an aforementioned button. If that works okay, there is no problem.

5. shadco

shadco AllStar

Jan 6, 2006
    Thanks for the reply's fellas.

Update later on last night I was getting strong signals on both OTA tuners and the same this AM.

90+ for all the Baltimore local's except UPN which I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to get not that I care for UPN anywho.

Now I need to see what I can do for the DC Locals

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.