1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

OTA and Genie

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by narrod, Oct 12, 2013.

1. narrod

narrod Godfather

Jul 26, 2007
    My old system included 6 HDDVRs. Yesterday, I had Genie installed with three clients and removed four of the HDDVRs. I kept two and they are networked with the Genie. I have an HR23 with the external AN21 OTA tuner. It has always worked flawlessly and was working following completion of the installation. Last evening it froze up and no longer sees an OTA signal. I've checked all the connections and can't determine what happened. Satellite locals are fine. Any help and insight is greatly appreciated.

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Let's start with the obvious. DO a menu reset on the Genie HDDVR and pull the plug on the AM21

3. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Um I'd reset the HR21 that the am21 is plugged into myself.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    ummm, that is what I meant. Typo. post has been corrected.