1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

OTA ATSC tuner

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by kbuente, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbuente

kbuente Legend

Mar 25, 2007
    I know the 622 can receive OTA locals when connected to an antenna but has anyone had luck in connecting their 622 to cable and receive local digital signals in the free and clear that way? (ones not scrambled)

My HDTV has it's own ATSC tuner and if I plug my cable (from comcast) directly into the TV and search for local digital I pick them up. (not sure if IRC or HRC but it is ATSC)

Now if I insert that same cable into the 622 OTA input, and do a local channel scan it finds nothing---whether in my HDTV setup I pick OTA, cable, IRC or HRC. In every case nothing is found.

Is it possible comcast is sending me digital through QAM that the 622 can't decode? Maybe that is a good suggestion for the future so customers who want to see more local HD that's not on E* and are too far from broadcaster's towers for OTA.

2. racermurray

racermurray AllStar

Mar 20, 2007
    622 does not have a QAM tuner

3. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.