DBSTalk Forum banner

OTA for Hopper?

55K views 368 replies 68 participants last post by  LtMunst 
#1 ·
Has the OTA antenna upgrade been released? I've been laying low so I haven't heard.

Scott

#3 ·
I for one, and I suspect a lot of Dish users are patiently waiting for OTA to become a reality for the Hopper before upgrading their system to the Hopper/Joey system.

Summer is winding down now and our patience is being tried.......

Does anyone know if there really will be an OTA option for the Hopper?

#18 ·
Lucky for me I get the Big Four in HD plus PBS in HD via sat. Also get all my other OTA channels in SD that I need. It would be nice to get them in HD on H/J however the sat feed supplies some channels that i couldn't even pick up OTA. PTAT helps as far as the need for the extra tuners, but as everyone else said I'm starting to get impatient. Meanwhile PTAT and the 722k fulfill my needs.

Then again it would be nice for Dish to fix all the bugs rather than rushing out the OTA tuner.

#20 ·
P Smith said:
Perhaps it's going long way as the tuner is third party supply and had own developers of HW and FW inside ... dish had enough workload to adapt Linux driver of the stick and incorporate its control into existing DVR environment including MRV support.
This would be an Echostar project, wouldn't it?

#22 ·
P Smith said:
Not now when they did pass the product to dish.
Perhaps it's another reason for delay (by internal source from other thread about reasons for leaving the company) - SW dev is small group what overloaded already...
Honestly, that doesn't really matter. It's an excuse whether it's true or not. Being overworked is the new norm. It sucks, but it's true. If Dish can't come up with OTA for the Hopper during the timeline they stated, it's up to them to say it.

Scott

#25 ·
Okay, I read the thread. It is not that much different from being in IT anywhere these days--if the company is growing. I am on call, once a week, every three weeks. If someone in the rotation does not respond, I will get called. We do not have enough folks to do the job we are tasked, but that's the norm. We make our deadlines. I have no sympathy for disgruntled employees these days; there are more than enough folks on the unemployment rolls to take their place.

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.