1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OTA Froze Up

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by red hazard, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red hazard

red hazard Legend DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 11, 2004
    At 1545CDT I was watching OTA channel and suddenly it went dark and the audio quite. I scrolled and selected some other OTA channels and they indicated no signal.

Satellite channels however could be selected. I connected the antenna to the Plasma directly and it worked fine. Reconnected to the 622 and still no OTA. Then did the famous "E* fix" (unplugged the 622 for about 10 seconds) and service was restored. Is this yet another 622 anomaly?

2. saltrek

saltrek Godfather

Oct 22, 2005
    Could've been a one time thing, especially if it just received new software. Sometimes odd things happen and it doesn't mean a serious problem. If it starts to happen more often, then it could be bad box.

3. epontius

epontius Cool Member

Jul 19, 2007
    I had something similar happen. In my case I wasn't watching it, but flipped over to an OTA channel and got black with signal strength showing zero...for every OTA (even channels that are usually in the upper 90's with signal strength). Unplugging the box fixed it. Has only happened that one time so far.

Erik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.