1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OTA Issue on One Channel

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Max_Pauer, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max_Pauer

Max_Pauer Cool Member

Aug 17, 2007
    So here's a word one. Tuesday night, I was up watching Letterman on our local CBS affiliate that I pull in through the OTA tuner on the HR20...everything is fine. I had last season's finale of CSI: NY set to record Wednesday night and Survivor premier last night. When I went to watch them, I had nothing but a blank screen. And, I checked this morning on the HR20 and channel 7-1 was black, with no sound (and there wasn't a searching for signal message) either. So, I decided to try the ATSC tuner in my set and channel 7-1 comes in crystal clear. Oddly enough, we have a 24 hour weather station on channel 7-2 and that comes in just fine through the HR20. I also pull all the other locals just fine as well.

Has anyone seen anything like this or have any tips?

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    That sounds like a possible problem on the broadcast end. If you want you could call the station but odds are they know about it by now.

3. Max_Pauer

Max_Pauer Cool Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Yeah, I thought it was a broadcast problem too at first. But the head-scratcher is that the ATSC tuner on my TV tunes to the channel just fine. Could it be a guide issue I wonder? I tried doing the initial OTA set up again and that didn't fix anything. The only thign I didn't try was hooking up a different antenna.

4. 24Elvis

24Elvis Cool Member

Jun 28, 2007
    I had the same problem before with my OTA. I had to adjust my OTA and then I was able to get the station to come in through the HR20. Maybe you can try that.

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    That's an odd one. I hate to fall back on this, but did you try rebooting?

6. Max_Pauer

Max_Pauer Cool Member

Aug 17, 2007
    I did the RBR, but still ahd the problem. I am going to head home at lunch and mess with it. I'll try the soft reset in the setup menu and then try the unplug method if that doesn't work.

Oddly enough, it is doing the same thing to me that the 498 test channel is doing. No "searching for signal," just a black screen.

7. Max_Pauer

Max_Pauer Cool Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Got it working. I had to reset my off-air channels and then do the initial setup again. Very strange. Either way, my "lost" channel is back. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.