1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

OTA Local in the Online Guide

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by wagman, Jan 19, 2011.

1. wagman

wagman Legend

Jul 11, 2007
    I am trying to set a recording using the Online Guide and I cannot remember a nugget of information.

In the Online Guide, which channels have the "A3" designate: the actual OTA channels or the Locals beamed from the satellite?

I have a couple of HR20's that receive both, but I want to set this recording on my HR22, which does not have OTA.

Thanks

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    A3 is the HD local from DirecTV.

3. wagman

wagman Legend

Jul 11, 2007

Thanks

4. CoolGui

CoolGui Icon

Feb 8, 2006
    I only have one HR24 with the AM21 attached. I don't see my OTA channels on the online guide. How did you get the OTA locals to show up?

5. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    The OP didn't say he saw the OTA displayed, just wondered what was displayed. As stated, A3 refers to the DirecTV delivered channel.

6. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise DBSTalk Club

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    Menu - Parental, Fav's & Setup - System Setup - Sat & Antenna - Antenna Setup - Initial Setup

7. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    That isn't the DirecTV website which was the OPs question, which BTW they don't show up on.