1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

OTA Mapping fixes for AM21 / HR20 boxes

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by MikeW, Apr 10, 2013.

1. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    In Phoenix, the local ME-TV affiliate was mapped incorrectly. DirecTV refused to correct it because it was a low-power affiliate. This is an odd situation...

7.1 broadcasts on 7.1 in Prescott, AZ and 36.1 in Phoenix AZ
    7.2 broadcasts on 7.2 in Prescott, AZ and 36.2 in Phoenix AZ

For two years, 7.1 worked fine on the AM21/HR20 but 7.2 would not come in. Complaints to DirecTV fell on deaf ears and I gave up a long time ago. I noticed last night that 7.2 is now fixed. It automatically corrected itself on my HR20-700. I had to reset my settings on my R21 box. I have a H25 with an AM 21 and it doesn't seem to have taken the correct settings yet, even with a reset.

So...if you have a problematic situation with OTA mapping, you may want to revisit your setup to see if any corrections have taken place.