1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

OTA Oregon Public Broadcasting Channel 10.2

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by mwdxer, Nov 26, 2013.

1. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Since about the time I bought my the 211k receiver with the OTA tuner, which I do use for local TV, as I get the sub channels, which Dish does not carry, but there has been an error in the Tribune guide. How to I go about getting the Tribune guide changed that Dish uses? The reason I ask is that Tribune lists 10.1 and 10.2 KOPB (Oregon Public Broadcasting) exactly the same schedule. 10.1 is KOPB and 10.2 OPB+. The first channel runs regular PBS but the second channel runs a mix of Create and Worldview. I have called KOPB and they say that Tribune has made the error and not them. KOPB has 3 channels and 10.3 in audio only and that is correct. Only 10.2 is incorrect. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Patrick

2. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    If Zap2it has the same error for 10.2's listings, then it's up to KOPB to provide them the correct listings.

If I were to guess, it's probably that at one point pre-transition one of them was PBS's HD channel and the other was an SD simulcast of the analog station and they never bothered notifying and following up with Tribune when they changed the programming on 10.2.

3. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Zap2It has the correct listing, but the Dish guide is incorrect.

4. gor88

gor88 Icon

May 9, 2003
    Send an email to dishquality@echostar.com describing the issue. Also, you should try to contact the chief engineer at KOPB. Both need to get the right PSIP id set up in the OTA information.

I had to do this in 2009 in the Jackson, MS market for our ABC, FOX and MyNetworkTV affiliates. It took a few weeks, but it got fixed.

Ironically, they need to do this for WRBJ 34, which flipped from CW to Trinity. Subchannels 2-5 don't have any guide data.

5. russ9

russ9 Godfather

Jan 28, 2004
    It's wrong for SOPT as well. At least they are consistent!

6. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Thanks. I sent a request to Dish and hopefully they can change 10.2. I would like to record programming to the hard drive to watch later and it is not easy to check another guide and then set the timer on the Dish receiver for 10.2. Plus I would have a full 9 days of guide with Dish .
    Much appreciated for the info. I will keep my fingers crossed.

7. Dec 4, 2013 #7 of 10
    mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    This morning I was checking the guide and 10.1 and 10.2 were different. Thank you Dish for getting this fixed. Thanks to everyone for their help. Much appreciated.

8. Dec 5, 2013 #8 of 10
    mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    An update. The problem was fixed for one day but now today, the guide is wrong again with both 10.1 and 10.2 showing the same programming. Hopefully Dish can get the problem fixed. I e mailed them again. There must be some glitch in the system.

9. Dec 6, 2013 #9 of 10
    mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Another update. I heard back from Dish and they are working on the issue and should have it solved in a week or two. So it does look promising.

10. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    As of today, Dec 12th, the guide is fixed. It is nice to see the different programming schedule on 10.2 Thank you Dish.