1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OTA playback problem

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by dojoman, Mar 2, 2006.

1. dojoman

dojoman AllStar

Jan 12, 2006
    I had OTA recording of Lost from yesterday. I watched it for about 10 mins and then switch to another live channels, but when I go back to the recording and hit resume the show didn't resume back from where I left off, it had jumped ahead to about 5 mins into the show. Even when I rewind back and hit play it always jump back to the same spot. I tried that a few times and same result. Anyone experience that? It seems to only happen on Lost. I recorded another OTA program and tested it but no problem.

2. zephyr

zephyr Legend

Jun 25, 2005
    If there were OTA reception problems and the signal was lost (no pun), the recording would skip ahead to where the signal was re-acquired. Typically this also shows some breakup/pixellation just before the signal goes. I have had this often on the local CBS station, where reception is weak.

3. dojoman

dojoman AllStar

Jan 12, 2006
    No, the reception was good. I had no pixellation or black out. It seems to be a bug but I don't understand why it happened only on Lost. Could it be ABC put somekind of anti skip DVR DRM?