1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

OTA Problem With 622

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Don M, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Don M

Don M Legend

Jul 1, 2006
    I have a 622 that has developed a problem with recorded OTA programs. I can watch OTA programs with no problem. All OTA channels show strong signal strength. When I record an OTA program and try to view it, however, the picture breaks up and pixilates too much to watch. I can record and play back programs from DISH just fine. Any ideas as to what I can do to correct this issue or is it time for a new receiver? Thanks for any help.

2. Steve H

Steve H Icon

May 15, 2006
    I had almost the same problem with my old 622, it was BOTH on OTA and Sat. recordings but never on live TV. Tech told me the hard drive was going bad.........

3. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    You may have a bad sector on the HD. Have you tried unplugging the receiver for 10 seconds and plugging it back in to reboot the receiver. Unplugging the receiver will clear out the memory and have everything reload - like a computer. Please let me know if this helps. Thanks.

4. Don M

Don M Legend

Jul 1, 2006
    I tried the unplug, but the problem was still there. I will contact DISH to see about a replacement receiver. Thanks for your suggestion.