1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

OTA question along with 512 receiver

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by ladyharley, Feb 24, 2013.

1. ladyharley

ladyharley Cool Member

Aug 4, 2008
    I was wondering... I cancelled dish because they raised their prices again. I own the 512 DVR. I currently have a good HDTV antenna and get great local channels. Is it possible some way to have the 512 receiver record OTA programming since I no longer subscribe to dish? Is there some way to get the 512 receiver to do this?

Thanks..

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    IIRC, the 512 does not have an OTA tuner in it.

3. ladyharley

ladyharley Cool Member

Aug 4, 2008
    It has TV antenna cable in connector. I had the OTA antenna connected to it and I couldn't get reception until I turned on the 512 receiver. It just won't record what is showing.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Nope. Not one chance !

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    The 512 just has a pass-through... it doesn't have a digital tuner... so it really isn't doing anything (except apparently blocking the signal when it is off).