1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outdoor Channel Ch 606 - $$$$

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mkrubsack, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkrubsack

mkrubsack Cool Member

May 12, 2006
    What the heck!!!

Another free channel bites the dust!

DTV is starting to nickel and dime us. The HD extra Package, and now this minor channel. I did like the gold mining shows though...

2. tim81

tim81 Legend

Jul 2, 2007
    maybe you could expand. i thought the outdoor channel, if purchased on it's own, was always extra unless you had sports pack or some higher level tier. your post is very vague as to exactly what you're referring...

3. mkrubsack

mkrubsack Cool Member

May 12, 2006
    I used to get it for free as part of my Total Choice Plus, and then as part of PLUS HD DVR. Got it as part of those packages for a long time for free.

Now it's an extra al carte item.

4. turey22

turey22 Hall Of Fame

Jul 30, 2007
    you can always get the outdoor channel for 2.99.

5. skyviewmark1

skyviewmark1 Godfather

Sep 28, 2006
    I love when I hear someone say they got something for free.. I guess I get CNN for free too, when I PAY for my choice plus package. Nothing is free.. You pay for a package which may or may not include a particular channel. But it ain't free my friend. :)

6. RoadDawg

RoadDawg Cool Member

Apr 1, 2008

So true.:grin:

7. RegGeek

RegGeek Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    Odd that you had Outdoor included in your package price. I've been paying for it a la carte for several years and had the same package as you (Total Choice Plus). Once upon a time we had sports pak (where it is included) and decided to cancel that but pay to keep Outdoor. Maybe you had some special grandfather provision that has expired??

8. vernonator

vernonator AllStar

Jul 31, 2007
    According to the CSR that I talked to today the Outdoor Channel was doing an "extended free trial". She could NOT however tell me when it had started. I know I had it for months prior to it shutting off this week. I bit the bullet and did the $2.99 al la carte deal - too many shows on there that I really want to see......

9. drgolf

drgolf New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    WV
    I hope this change in the Outdoor Channel will result in it becoming an HD offering soon on Directv!

10. ansky

ansky Hall Of Fame

Oct 11, 2005
    $2.99 seems pretty steep for one channel that I would never consider "premium". You can get 5 channels in the "Extra" pack for $5. Maybe when Outdoor goes HD they will add it to the Extra pack.

I doubt it was ever really a free preview. I had been getting Outdoor for at least a year with TC+ and never had sports pack. My guess is the carriage costs for the network increased.

11. ddrumman2004

ddrumman2004 Legend

Mar 28, 2007
    Yep....I get the message stating the free preview has ended. Not that I watched that channel anyway.

12. JoeS

JoeS AllStar

Jan 24, 2008
    Is this channel (606) similar to the 'new' ch. 611? Is 611 in the clear for those now blacked out of 606? If so that seems interesting... add 611, minus 606

13. finaldiet

finaldiet Hall Of Fame

Jun 13, 2006
    I like 611 so far from what I saw. Will be watching it more and more as hunting season draws closer. Yikes, I'm already getting buck fever!!:D

14. mhayes70

mhayes70 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    That news to me. I didn't know that was happening. I just checked and there is a message that says the freeview has ended. Dang that stinks.

15. cowart

cowart Mentor

Aug 27, 2007
    Nope, it was never free, it was always listed as part of 2 packages - sports pack and commercial choice

16. Hunter1

Hunter1 New Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Noticed I now have Channel 611, called HUNT? I see a lot of commercial shows, Hair Growth, Real Estate. Not sure what this has to do with hunting. The shooting shows were kinda low budget looking too. Maybe I can order a new wife beater shirt there.

17. bookwalk

bookwalk AllStar

May 10, 2005
    Don't let D* nickle and dime us--don't pay for it -- if enough subs vote with their purse strings -- eventually they will get the message.

18. morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    Just deleted it from favorites...it was free for about a year or so. I do look at my bill and certainly never paid for it but also did not see a freeview info or anything else.

Only added it to fav's due to other posters saying it was available.

19. convem24

convem24 Icon

Mar 11, 2007
    The freeview started sometime in December but it was never ever ever part of any package except for Premeir and the Sports Package. It was a freeview up until yesterday. O well. I didn't watch it anyway but the ala carte pricing is obviously dependent on primary pricing. Again it was never ever part of any base package. It was just there as a free preview. I think Directv could have done a better job of notifying people that he preview had ended.

20. bfncbs1

bfncbs1 AllStar

Feb 7, 2007

Oh it was free a alot longer then December, I was watching this channel last spring for free.

its BS they started charging.......complete BS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.