1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outdoor Viewing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by hd4me, May 24, 2010.

1. hd4me

hd4me Mentor

Aug 23, 2006
    Hamburg, NJ
    I would like to stream tv, movies out to my gazebo approximately 40' away from my DVR HR22. My connection is a slow DSL with this speed:

[​IMG]

Just wondering if this will work. I have a Linksys N router with a Dell Vostro 1500 laptop and projector(to be purchased). Currently I use Tversity. Anyone recommend any other software?

Thanks for all your help. These boards are lifesavers.

2. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    I don't see the issue here... 40' isn't a great deal of distance for a decent HDMI cable and if you can stream thru your HR now to your TV there isn't going to be an issue with that 40'.

While you DSL is on the slower side, you should be able to stream SD with no problem, but HD may be a little iffy depending on the source, i.e. Netflix would probably down rez your resolution.

3. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Your DSL connection shouldn't have an impact....

If you are streaming on your local lan, it isn't going out on your DSL line.

As suggested, a long HDMI cable (check www.monoprice.com) or maybe even a wireless transmitter.

4. hd4me

hd4me Mentor

Aug 23, 2006
    Hamburg, NJ
    Maybe I didnt clarify myself and also not tech savy in the least. This I assume cannot be done via wireless?

5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    It may be possible to set up a suitable computer in the gazebo and run DIRECTV2PC wireless. The recommended solution is hardwired video and audio cabling as pointed out above. Wireless solutions for transmitting HD audio and video are prohibitively expensive.

Your Internet connection has absolutely nothing to do with what you're trying to accomplish.