1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Output to DVD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mikef, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikef

mikef New Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Has anyone output HDTivo to DVD instead of VCR? Has anyone output to Apple Powerbook?

2. Rick Sass

Rick Sass Cool Member

Jul 11, 2004
    Yep, Panny E30.

3. WarrenW

WarrenW Cool Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Assuming you were sucessful, will the resultant DVD play on another DVD if the recording was of an HBO or PPV movie?

4. Rick Sass

Rick Sass Cool Member

Jul 11, 2004
    Yes and yes.

5. WarrenW

WarrenW Cool Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Rick, thanks. Will the copies be HD (digital) with digital sound?

6. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    You cannot save in 5.1 mode yet, I have the E30 also :) But use Replay to archive with now. :)

7. jmbrooks

jmbrooks Legend

Jan 11, 2004
    Warren, the copies will not be HD. The only true HD recorders available are DVHS. Recordable HD-DVD (or some similar flavor) is on the horizon and I do believe there are some 1st generation machines out there, but they are rediculously expensive.

8. ImmerTech

ImmerTech AllStar

Jul 19, 2004
    Fort Lauderdale
    I am a little confused. Since DVD cannot record in HD, what happens when you dump a program you have recorded in HD to a DVD?

Does it step it down to SD resolutions? And if so what happens to widescreen programing?

-ImmerTech

9. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    A hi quality sd dvd...and it will be letterbox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.