1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Outstanding Customer Service Experience today

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by SteveHas, Apr 5, 2014.

1. SteveHas

SteveHas Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2007
    So I called D* today after getting disconnected last night. I was trying to get a replacement DVR for one that I had deactivated last summer. My plan was to reactivate it in the future (now). CSR at that time said " no problem, just hold onto it. We won't ask for it back".
    Well they did and tried to charge me for it 3 months later!

Anyhow I got a young named Mark from Idaho. A student at Idaho State.
    He was one of, if not the best CSR I have ever dealt with.
    Intelligent, experienced, but most of all enthusiastic.
    This guy was into Sat TV and it showed.
    He hooked me up and did so with such a passion for his job it was a joy.
    It was as if one of the great folks here was on the phone.

He had never heard of DBSTalk, so I encouraged him to log on and join.
    I truly hope he does. I suspect he would be an asset.

Thought I would post this very positive experience as so often we all post negatives.

1 person likes this.
  2. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    Always great to hear! :righton: :)

1 person likes this.
  3. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    I help some of my TV customers who are snowbirds when they return in the spring to get their D* working here. Last 2 were interesting to compare, first I was on the phone for 2 hours, tech support guy kept saying the computers were really slow, but I am thinking he 'wasn't doing it right'. I had to maintain composure, but the elderly couple there was getting really concerned that it was taking so long. Second one just took 20 minutes, tech support guy in that case seemed to do it right the first time and it was a real pleasure to work with someone like that!!!!!

Big problem I experience with snowbirds equipment is the DirecTV receiver here being set for local channels there. And then it gets frustrating for me when the CSR or tech support person doesn't seem to know that different areas of the country receive different local channels . . .

Grrr. So I really appreciate it when things do go well.

(and DISH is just as variable, although changing DMAs on some DISH equipment seems to cause physical damage, DirecTV receivers just get confused)

And occasionally, but so far not this year fortunately, I will encounter a D* receiver that will switch back to the wrong DMA after a day or two. No idea what causes that, but I really HATE it when it happens. Hate it, hate it, hate it!!

Glad the OP had a good experience, I treasure the calls when I encounter good tech support!!