1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Owned 311 & 512...

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by PK6301, Jul 9, 2012.

1. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    I am done with Dish... They have made me mad for the last time..Dropped Channels..Signals lost at the thoughts of clouds or light mist..it is over..

I have a 311 receiver and a 512 Solo DVR that is up for grabs... I do not need them they are paperweights to me..

If you want them let me know...

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    eBay

3. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Poor installs will do that. Proper installs won't.

4. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Have you scheduled a technician to check your installation? You should not lose signal with cloud cover or light rain. Please PM me your account number so I can check on a technician for you. Please let me know. Thanks.

5. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    I have the PP plan but it would still cost me $15 for a tech to come out and check.. It is your equipment and your installallers..I do not get on the roof.. Like I said Paperweights...

6. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Fine - you don't go on the roof. If mine was steep enough, I wouldn't either.

But to not even bother to call them to come and check your installation over $15 - sounds like you're cutting off your nose to spite your face, so to speak.

All I can tell you is that "misting" should NOT be taking out your signal completely.