1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

package between family and choice?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by rb5505, Oct 21, 2008.

1. rb5505

rb5505 Legend

Dec 23, 2004
    either 45 or 150 channels. just wondering, why no package in between?

2. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Because of channel packaging and the way Directv has to get rights to use the channels from owners.

3. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    The greedy sob's don't like to publicize the "in between" packages. I was told by one CSR "you can subscribe to any D* package, you just have to find them".

The Preferred Choice at $32.99 is listed as an "International" package, but it should also be available for any D* subscriber.

4. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Its more just a compromise between what consumers want and what is economical/required in each package level as there are premium channels that cost more than others, plus channels that certain media coalitions will want put in if you have any one of their channels (sort of all or nothing type deal).

The fact is the packages change a lot overtime and it is just finding what suits you best. For me, TC+ (or Choice Xtra as it is now) fits me perfect.

5. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    You're right they don't mention the packages at ALL on the DIRECTV website...!rolling

J