1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Pair to a mobile device?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by BlackDynamite, Nov 15, 2013.

1. BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite Legend

Jun 5, 2007
    On most smart TVs you can pair the YouTube app to your mobile devices. That allows you to find a video on your phone and set the TV as the the output. So you're not fumbling around trying to search with the TV remote. You can also add a video to your playlist on your phone so you have it saved, then watch it later and set the TV as the output. Is there any way to pair a mobile device to the YouTube app in Directv's HD DVR receivers?

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    No.

3. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    I know it isn't what you specifically want but if you get a Chromecast ($35.00) then you can find a YouTube video on your phone using the YouTube app, then "cast it" to your tv. That's what I do.

4. BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite Legend

Jun 5, 2007
    I know it isn't what you specifically want but if you get a Chromecast ($35.00) then you can find a YouTube video on your phone using the YouTube app, then "cast it" to your tv. That's what I do.

Yeah that is a great idea. Thanks!

5. samrs

samrs MANC

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
    Chromecast is pretty cool. My son has one and we watched a Netflix last Sunday in HD, sweet.