1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Palladia replaces Fuse in AT200?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by tsmacro, Jun 30, 2010.

1. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    But you still have to get Platinum to get it in HD? Anyway here's the press release:

DISH Network Launches Palladia

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., June 30, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- DISH Network L.L.C., America's fastest-growing pay-TV provider, today launched Palladia, showcasing the best in music from the world's most popular artists. DISH Network customers who subscribe to America's Top 200 and above now receive this upgraded programming in place of Fuse.

(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100611/LA19624LOGO)

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20100611/LA19624LOGO)

Palladia features music-related content from its owner, MTV Networks, a division of Viacom. The channel broadcasts the best music programming from MTV, VH1 and CMT.

DISH Network also offers Palladia in HD as part of the Platinum programming package.

For more information about DISH Network, visit www.dish.com.

About DISH Network

DISH Network L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH), leads the pay-TV industry in technological breakthroughs and provides more than 14.3 million satellite TV customers, as of March 31, 2010, with the highest quality programming and technology at the best value. Customers have access to the most HD channels, the most international channels, state-of-the-art interactive TV applications, and award-winning HD and DVR technology including the ViP 922 SlingLoaded DVR, the world's only DVR with TV Everywhere functionality. DISH Network Corporation is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 200 company. Visit www.dish.com.

SOURCE DISH Network Corporation

2. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    The way this news release is worded it appears I and others "who subscribe to America's Top 200 and above" now receive Palladia SD. But if we are HD customers, we always got the HD version Dish offered of any SD channel.

So does this news release, in addition to announcing the replacement of Fuse SD with Palladia SD, now announce a new policy indicating that "Free HD for Life" may not mean the HD version of everything in your AT package?

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    DISH has updated their HD website:
    http://www.dishnetwork.com/hdtv/customer.aspx

Paladia is listed under HD200 and HD250.

It is also in the Platinum HD package, for those with HD 120.

Fuse is still on 158 at the moment. Probably just waiting for the contract to expire.

4. Jul 1, 2010 #4 of 17
    Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I never liked FUSE in the first place. Then again I don't like Palledia either.:confused:

5. Jul 1, 2010 #5 of 17
    Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    I'm now getting both the SD & HD versions of Palladia. What I don't understand is the SD version has a different channel number than the HD version. Every other HD channel I receive remaps to the SD number, except for Palladia. Why couldn't they put the Sd version on the same number as the HD in this case?

6. Jul 1, 2010 #6 of 17
    James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Probably an oversight. One of the many numbering/presentation problems I see in DISH's listings.

If I were DISH I'd add channels for 362 HDNet, 364 HD Theatre, 366 Universal HD, 369 Paladia and 383 HD Net Movies so all of the HD only channels are real channels and not mapdowns. Then the mapdown on 9469 Paladia could be used to give 158 a HD version.

The other half of the problem is Fuse itself. DISH still has it on a test channel ... which makes me wonder if it could return and this situation could be a replay of "The WeatherCast" where a big "we're replacing X with Y" announcement is made followed by a "nevermind".

7. Jul 1, 2010 #7 of 17
    Willh

Willh Legend

Jan 1, 2009
    well Fuse is really gone and it could end up like Voom HD and GolTV, most likely to never come back. same can be said about the 4 Disney HD channels

8. Jul 3, 2010 #8 of 17
    Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    For some reason I thought FUSE was owned by Rainbow.

9. Jul 3, 2010 #9 of 17
    James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Fuse was. It is part of a subsidiary with MSG now, if I remember correctly. Losing Fuse is just another sign of how good the relationship is between Cablevision/Dolan and DISH/Ergen.

10. Chihuahua

Chihuahua Legend

Sep 8, 2007
    To me, the removal of Fuse TV from Dish Network is no sad loss.:)

11. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Well FUSE is certainly gone for good then.

12. BarryG

BarryG Legend

Jun 25, 2006
    It's now listed under HD120 as well, Platinum not required.

HD Platinum should say "15 Premium HD Channels", not 16.

13. JWKessler

JWKessler Legend

Jun 2, 2004
    One of my favorite channels back when I first got my C-Band dish was Canada's Much Music. It was a very original and ground breaking channel that actually had a lot of music and terrific on-air personalities (CNN's John Roberts was JD Roberts - one of Much's first VJ's). One of Much's trademarks was their building. They had no sets as such. Instead the building was wide up with what they called audio/video hydrants. They could take a camera most anyplace in the building - a stairwell, the lobby, on the roof, out on the sidewalk - plug in a mic and camera and start doing a show. During the summers they did most shows out on the street with passers by waking through the shots. It was great fun to watch. They would block off the street and do live concerts quite often. They still do that and you will see some of those shows on HDNet from time to time.

Much exported it's formula to other countries and had locally operated franchise channels in Europe and South America that followed the same formula.

Then they announced Much Music USA which I thought would be a great thing. The US channel was initially a partnership between CHUM and Cable Vision on Long Island. Much USA started out running some of the Canadian channels programs and some US originated programs. The US programming was not very good and the channel gradually degraded into a pretty much unwatchable mess.

Much USA turned into FUSE and got even worse with music videos running inside a tiny window with other graphics occupying the remaining space at one point.

I believe Rainbow took over from Cable Vision and now the channel is owned by MSG.

I haven't had access to Much Music Canada in several years now and never watched Fuse, but I miss the original channel and it's concept. Someone should resurrect it for the American market.

14. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Rainbow = Cablevision! It's the same company.

15. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    158 is currently airing a "thanks for watching our free preview" slate instead of Palladia. The EPG has been changed to match.

It looks like someone forgot that 158 was a replacement for Fuse. :rolleyes:

16. Willh

Willh Legend

Jan 1, 2009
    yeah, maybe Fuse and Dish finally made a deal to bring it back on the Dish Lineup, let's hope so.

17. John79605

John79605 Legend

Feb 9, 2007
    Even with the press release I couldn't convince a CSR that Palladia had been taken down in error. "It was a Summer Extravaganza Free Preview."