1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Panasonic SC-BTT770 not showing 1080p during playback

Discussion in 'Blu-Ray Hardware' started by NurseDiesel, Sep 6, 2012.

1. NurseDiesel

NurseDiesel Cool Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Dumb question, please excuse if this has been asked before. I have a Panasonic SC-BTT770 blu-ray system paired with a LG Infinia 55LW5600 set. When playing the latest season of House, M.D. blu-ray it doesn't display 1080p on the status overlay like it does with movies. Were tv shows not shot in 1080p or something?

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    All Blue Ray discs I've ever played show up as 1080p on my Panny plasmas. But, with my Sammy BD players, every disc, standard and BD, shows up on the Info banner as 1080p. The plasmas unfortunately don't make a distinction between 1080p 24Fps and 1080p 60Fps.

What does your TV say it's receiving?

Rich

3. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule!

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    I'm just guessing, but it may well be that House was shot in 720p, since that's what Fox uses over the air. What does the label on the package say?

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    All House, M.D. seasons released on BluRay have Video Resolution of 1080p and English Audio DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1.

5. NurseDiesel

NurseDiesel Cool Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Thank you for the answers. Usually the BD player will have a pop up box in the upper right hand corner that has 3 fields. Top says BD video, 2nd one says play and there is a bottom 3rd one that usually gives the resolution and it's blank. Now if I push info on the LG tv remote it will say 1080p/60 in the upper right. It's a LED LCD display. Just weird. My hope is that it's doing it automatically but you would think there would be someplace to see it in one of the menus somewhere.

6. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Not surprising at all. My Panny plasmas don't differentiate between 24Fps and 60Fps. At least your TV does.

Rich