1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Pandora issues

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by seern, May 9, 2013.

1. May 9, 2013 #1 of 13
    seern

seern DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing playback issues with Pandora tonight? What it is doing for me is playing one song then the audio stops, the album cover screen saver keeps ponging about the screen but nothing happens. I have tried several of my stations and they all are doing it. To see if it was a Pandora issue I signed into it using the network function on my Denon AVR and it is playing fine on the receiver.

2. May 9, 2013 #2 of 13
    peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps.

3. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Never RBR when you can do a Menu/Reset.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    +100

5. seern

seern DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    Already tried the rbr and does not help.

6. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    As to Pandora Issues, I have a few . . . .

Issue: Pandora Track Info - Instead of track info like time, artist or album, you get - Why this track? With a paragraph filled with Music Genome Project stuff of no importance.

Issue: Pandora Screen Saver Start - I timed it. It only takes 30 seconds of inactivity to start it. In my opinion, that is way too short. Just try and comprehend one of those Music Genome Project stuff paragraphs in that short a period.

Issue: Pandora Screen Saver Jerkiness - The jerkiness of the screen saver makes the font fuzzy and really unreadable. Either smooth out the motion or remove all text.

Issue: No HR Functions while Running Pandora - Unlike HR2x, while running Pandora, all HMC functions are unreachable.

Issue: Articles 'the' and 'an/a' are NOT ignored in Sorting - 'A', 'An' & 'The' should not be considered when sorting.

Issue: Sorting by Given Name, instead of Surname - Sorting should never be done by the artist Given Name. Artist should only be sorted by their Surname.

7. Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell Hall Of Fame

Feb 17, 2006
    IMHO it's the D* hardware. I can experience the same dropout using my HR34 - switch over to same wifi network on Smart Samsung and dropouts go away.

8. lgb0250

lgb0250 Legend

Jan 24, 2010
    Ditto. It's so bad on my HR34 that I now listen to it only with my ROKU, which has none of these problems.

9. teedo

teedo New Member

Jul 26, 2013
    NorCal
    I am having the same problem, it will play 1, 2, or 3 songs and then freeze on the album cover screen saver (still bouncing), I forward the song it was stuck on and it plays the next song or when it plays more than one song, which is rare, after about 5 or 6, I will get kicked off and back onto regular TV. This is frustrating, because on my previous D receiver it would play for hours with out a problem. Obviously there is a bug in the system for the Model: HR34-700 :scratch:

10. tomski35

tomski35 AllStar

Sep 7, 2007
    Works flawlessly for me. I have 50+ MB Internet. That may help.

11. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    No issues with Pandora with my HR34-700.

12. mws192

mws192 Godfather

Jun 17, 2010
    Was there ever a fix for this? It's been happening to me for a couple of months

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

13. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    I've seen one post of success with doing a double RBR. Sorry, but I'm unable to find it.