1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paramount preps for Jack Ryan reboot

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by Steve615, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
  2. Dario33

Dario33 Godfather

Dec 15, 2008
    I'm sure he'll be better at it than Ben Affleck was.

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    You aren't setting the bar very high... :lol:

4. elaclair

elaclair Rescued Racers Live Here

Jun 18, 2004
    Del Mar, CA
    Why does it need to be a "re-boot"? There's plenty of material that hasn't been used yet.....and just changing the actor that plays the main character shoudn't count...I mean, how many Bond's did we have before Craig?

5. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Also, one article I read stated that the screenplay is NOT from a Tom Clancy novel. Methinks I will pass.

6. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    When Daniel Craig came onboard the Bond franchise was re-booted. Why not re-boot the series with Mr Pine as Jack Ryan? Alec Baldwin did fine in Red October and the only problem Mr Ford had to deal with in Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger was that the scripts were nowhere near close to how the books were done. Ben Affleck just didn't strike me as Jack Ryan at all, not to mention that The Sum of All Fears was a horribly written movie; and if I remember it correctly the writers were trying to use it to introduce us to the early Jack Ryan, when in the book he had been back in the fold for a good many years correct?

7. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    I have always had a problem with the Jack Ryan franchise.

In order to take any of Clancy's Jack Ryan novels to the screen in a 2 hour or less format means only one thing... a Butcher Job on the story.

Tom Clancy's novels would be better suited to an old style miniseries format, at least there would be some chance of doing the book's justice. The movies so far were ok, better if you had never read the books...

8. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    "... Chris Pine to play CIA analyst Jack Ryan in the reboot of the franchise ..."

Can we start calling him "Reboot" Pine now, or do we need to wait for him to be tapped to step into a third movie franchise for that? :D

9. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    :lol:

I think we can give him the nickname now. :grin: