1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parent Contorls??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by TogasPoon, Dec 19, 2008.

1. TogasPoon

TogasPoon AllStar

May 23, 2007
    So my 3 year old daughter is starting to become a remote master, if she could read she'd be able to find and start her own shows.

We have quite a few "adult themed" movies recorded on the bedroom DVR so I figured it was time to implement the parental controls. I went and set the adult moves (this is off the top of my head) to blocked and set a password.

From the list they now show up as "blocked title" but they can be played without entering the password, what am I doing wrong?

This is on a HR21 NR

Thanks

2. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    You need to put a RATINGS block in place. I think you're just blocking the adult channels that are in the 590s.

You're seeing Blocked Title because that "Adult Channel" function has a long-standing and reported defect that blocks the title of all TV-MA rated material...but if that's the only parental control you have turned on it will not block the material from being recorded, downloaded or viewed.

Also be aware that adult programming titles may also show up in Searches despite parental controls being in place.

3. TogasPoon

TogasPoon AllStar

May 23, 2007
    I give this a go tonight, thanks Ken.