1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Parental controls

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by PK6301, Dec 23, 2012.

1. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    I have a question..I set a password for parental controls to keep my child from watching shows, but you can go into the menu and change the password anytime you want too..it never asks you for your old password in-order to verify you are the adult so you want to change the password..thus your child can go in and change the password and you would never know it.

This is not a good situation:lol::lol::lol:

Am I wrong or what, please let me know...

2. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    I dunno, I checked my HR34 and it asks me for my current passcode when I try to change it. I think you have to have it locked first for it to ask you. I'll check my HR21 in a bit...

Edit: It works the same on my HR22-100.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    RIght, you need to select "lock now" in order to save your changes.

4. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    Thank you, I knew I was missing something !!!!