1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"parse error" on iPad app

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by dlt4, Sep 28, 2013.

1. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    When I try to start the DBSTalk iPad I get an error about a "parse error". When I hit OK, all I get is a constantly spinning "Loading" and the app never opens. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling, but that didn't change anything. Any help would be appreciated.

2. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Mine is working fine. Have you tried resetting your iPad?

3. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    I recently updated to iOS 7, so the iPad reset at that time, and this problem started before the update.

4. dogbreath

dogbreath AllStar DBSTalk Club

Apr 26, 2006
    Franklin,...
    The last two times I installed the DBStalk update. I had to delete the app and download it again for it to work correctly.

5. Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell Hall Of Fame

Feb 17, 2006
    The last two times I installed the DBStalk update. I had to delete the app and download it again for it to work correctly.

Ditto.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

6. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app a few times, and just did it again, but still no luck.

7. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
  8. Oct 5, 2013 #8 of 17
    sunfire9us

sunfire9us Godfather

Feb 15, 2009
    Hey guys, are any of you still having trouble with the app on either iphone or ipad?? For the last week's time, I've had trouble on both. Like another poster said, it will only spin forever and nothing happens (you see the dbstalk app screen show up but nothing happens). Before anyone asks, yes I have installed/unistalled several times and nothing happens on either my iphone or ipad. What about the rest of you?

9. Oct 5, 2013 #9 of 17
    dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    It's working fine here on both iPads and iPhone5.

10. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    I'm still having the same problem. I've just given up and read the forums on my Mac.

11. sunfire9us

sunfire9us Godfather

Feb 15, 2009
    I'm still having the same problem. I've just given up and read the forums on my Mac.

I installed/ reinstalled on both devices ( my iPhone 5 and iPad) and after starting it up, it started up and as usual, it was spinning BUT I found out if you just leave it spinning for awhile, it FINALY came up. In other words it looked like a very slow start. After this, I went to the option where you can clear the cache memory out and cleared it just to make sure that couldn't have been corrupted. It's been working on both today after a weeks time

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

12. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    Can you tell how long "awhile" was? Mine has been spinning for 15 minutes.

13. sunfire9us

sunfire9us Godfather

Feb 15, 2009
    Can you tell how long "awhile" was? Mine has been spinning for 15 minutes.

Hmm... It was like 3 mins in my case. Try this.... Uninstall the app. Then make sure the app is closed. Shut off your device then reboot it. Redownload and install the app. Then wait on it for awhile . This is what I did yesterday.

14. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    how can you close the app when the app is gone? :confused:

15. sunfire9us

sunfire9us Godfather

Feb 15, 2009
    how can you close the app when the app is gone? :confused:

Yeah I know it doesn't make sense but I have caught this happen on several of my other apps. I "close" it and then when I re-open it, it's like you never shut it off.Here is a perfect example of what I'm talking about: I played candy crush on one device and wish for the other device to get in sync after clearing a level. So I make sure the app is closed on the second device and attempt to re-open it expecting it to update itself but nothing happened. When I closed it AND rebooted the device and opened afterwards THEN the app would sync and play catchup with the first device. This told me that just because you close the app means irs still not running in the backgroughd and nothing happens as a result

16. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    After uninstalling the app, rebooting the iPad, downloading the app again, it's still been spinning for 15 minutes.

17. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    But you said to uninstall the app then close it.... never mind.... I was trying to be funny.... is semantics