1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Patricia Heaton's new show: The Middle

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by jeffshoaf, Aug 17, 2009.

1. jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf Icon

Jun 17, 2006
    I just saw a trailer for Patricia Heaton's upcoming new show on ABC; well, the show will be on ABC, the trailer was on HDNet's "Nothing but Trailers." Seems that she's turned middle-aged, married the janitor from "Scrubs," and has dysfunctional children. Looked good!

Some snippets:
    She's working on a car lot when she gets a call to pick up her son at school, so she goes to pick him up during a test drive. Her son immediately starts spouting info about the car to the test driver.

Her son tells her she is supposed to come to school dressed as SuperWomen on Monday, so she rushes to get a costume together and shows up in class only to discover that it's the next Monday.

She and her husband are proud of her daughter finally doing something right while acting as a prop person during some kind of show that they're calling to her and distract her from her prop duties, causing a disaster.

OK, those may not sound too good, but they looked good in the trailer!

2. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    We'll always give her a chance. Sometimes though I can't distinguish between comedies on ABC, ABC Family, and The Disney Channel.

3. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    All Ms. Heaton has to do is show up and I am there! :heart: