1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pause during playback for no reason

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Tony Chick, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Chick

Tony Chick Legend

Aug 24, 2006
    I watched "History Detectives" this evening that I'd recorded from my local OTA PBS HD channel 28-1. Exactly 12 minutes in it paused, no pop-up screens or anything just still video & no audio. After some playing around with the transport keys it finally let me FF past the spot and continue playing. I could Rewind back and play thru the same spot again without problems, no pixelation or anything to indicate a signal problem.

The exact same thing happened again at around 35 minutes in.

2. rayxxxle

rayxxxle Legend

Mar 28, 2007
    Mine does the same thing every once in a while. One thing I have noticed also, is when it freezes, the remote becomes totally useless. Can't exit, go to the list, guide, or any thing else till it decides to start playing again.:confused:
    Errol

3. Tony Chick

Tony Chick Legend

Aug 24, 2006
    That could be what happened to me also, I was hitting keys on the remote to no effect then suddenly it worked. I assumed it was me, but the machine could have just decided to start playing again by itself.

This is full bandwidth 1920 x 1080 HD not the DTV "HD-Lite" stuff so perhaps there is a buffer overflow that takes the OS a while to recover from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.