1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pause should remember your spot

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bonscott87, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Since DirecTV is watching this forum, I think the #1 thing they need to fix is the "remember your spot when paused" function.

Perfect example from last night on a DirecTivo:
    Was watching Eureka from earlier in the week. Happened by an ad for a Stargate special that would air before the 200th episode at 9. First I had heard of it and I know it wouldn't be recording. So I hit the back arrow which sends me back to the program entry, back again to the menu. So I setup this special to record. Back to the ToDo list and select Eureka and "resume playing" is the option and it picks up where I left off.

It kinda sounds like from Earl this works sometimes but not others. Definately make this a priority and track it down.

Related, if you pause a program that is currently recording, it should have the same behavior. We'll use the Sunday Ticket example. If I'm recording one game on one tuner and surfing around on the other tuner, if I pause the recorded game it should remember that pause when I switch back. This might help soften the blow somewhat for not having dual live buffers (which should also be a priority to get working, DirecTV, you can download your showcases and whatnot in the middle of the night if that's the reason).

Earl, feel free to merge this somewhere if there is already a thread about it.

So far the HR20 looks pretty solid but these issues might be something to address after getting the OTA tuners activated.

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    From what I have been told... they have, and I should have an "update" to the issue very soon.

3. cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Hopefully they will also give us back the jump to the start of the program. It's annoying to have to RR the show all the way or FF all the way and then say no don't delete, then start the show again. Adding a 3rd option of start over would be good to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.