1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pay Rate for Installers?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by bird dog, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bird dog

bird dog Cool Member

Aug 15, 2007
    Wondering what different installers are making out there.

I have heard of some getting close to $100 per job and as low as $25 with parts furnished and .35c per mile.

I am currently working for a Directv Sub under Ironwood, getting frustrated with my paychecks bouncing and non-responder charges etc. I have been doing this for a bit over a year now and like the work and am quite good at it.

I am looking into installing for dish network for various outfits.

If anyone can offer any tips or insight on the matter, would be much appreciated.

If i posted this in the wrong area, please move the topic. (New here):rolleyes:

2. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    If you find a retailer to install for you will probably do better. If you go with a DNSC (DishNetwork SubContractor) you probably will not be any better off.

3. Bijou Media

Bijou Media Mentor

Jul 28, 2007
    This is the best way to go, but the problem is there isn't much need for installerd from the indy dealers. The fulfillment companies are the ones that pay little, and there are a lot of rip off artists out there. Don't take any work that pays 30 or longer that's a long time to find out you won't get paid. Good luck it's really hard to make any money installing DBS anymore. Consider doing FTA, and V-sat also.

4. Bijou Media

Bijou Media Mentor

Jul 28, 2007
    I don't know what part of Idaho you are in but try this guy, he is in Sandpoint and has a good rep. They do Dishnet Wild Blue Direct, and some other stuff.

Lenny Hess Sandpoint Satellites
    http://www.sandpointsatellite.com/

5. bird dog

bird dog Cool Member

Aug 15, 2007
    sandpoint is a ways up there, i have done installs there, not where i would like to go everyday.

So pretty much you gotta get in good with some retailers to make any good money at this then huh?

6. Bijou Media

Bijou Media Mentor

Jul 28, 2007
    I think they cover the entire state, and I would imagine that he ships the equipment to you, or the installer. It's worth a call to find out. I do know he'll pay you well.

7. aim2pls

aim2pls Icon

Jun 18, 2007
    only way I see it .. making any money installing ... is to be an employee with a company supplied vehicle and supplies .. and get paid hourly ...... other than that .. you probably have 6 months to a year before you go broke

8. jarvantgroup

jarvantgroup Icon

Mar 24, 2006
    Kinda tough installing 3-4 rooms all week, trouble calls, Dish 1000+'s, crawl spaces and attics and dealing with a myriad of issues from customers only to bring home $300-400/wk in exchange for the van. Alright, I'll give you the benefits. But they're just that, benefits. Not spendable. If you're healthy enough to deal with the demanding schedule that an installer has to keep, you most likely will not use the benefits. :icon_cool

9. bird dog

bird dog Cool Member

Aug 15, 2007
    thanks, i did call, just not hiring right at the moment.

10. jarvantgroup

jarvantgroup Icon

Mar 24, 2006
    Welcome birddog. You'll have to do as the other guys have stated and find an independent to do the work under. The salaries that they pay vary from one to the other. But you should be able to find that out up front. Try to find one that does fulfillment work from Dish. They workload is steady as opposed to smaller one-two man outfits that WILL leave you stranded if there are interruptions in the customers coming to the storefront. They WILL pay themselves first, and then you when they get a chance. I suggest you visit www.cabl.com as they list several companies nationwide that are hiring. And it is 'cabl' without the 'e'. The one I'm with now I found at the site. The company is stable, pays well and on-time. :icon_cool

11. Satpro92

Satpro92 Legend

Jan 30, 2005

I make $75 per with truck ,supplies and fuel included.I have been with the same retailer for almost 16 years,so that is in my favor.However I wouldn't do it for less.

The thing is I am much more thatn simply an installer,I sell,make service calls and do phone calls.

12. jarvantgroup

jarvantgroup Icon

Mar 24, 2006
    The supplies and fuel trade-off is tangible, so in your case, that's not a bad deal, especially if they pay on time and every time. :icon_cool

13. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    I work for a retailer and they pay quick. They do all the paper work and handle all complaints. I set my price and charge a minimum per job and charge for each additional tuner. The customer is responsible for charges beyond a basic install. I average $600.00 per week. That is about 4 to 6 jobs per week. I could make more but I won't work for just anyone and I do not work Sundays.

14. Satpro92

Satpro92 Legend

Jan 30, 2005
    LOL that is the thing,sometimes I don't get a check but once a month,however I do get cash as a weekly incentive,if you kinow what I mean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.