1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Payper View purchases over the web

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Rickt1962, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Rickt1962

Rickt1962 Legend

Jul 17, 2012
    Do you need the phone line ? Want to move my reciever to another room and I have the eithernet ther will that work ?

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    To the best of my knowledge, the ethernet conneciton will work.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    There is no function that it can do with a phone line that won't work over Ethernet, other than caller ID obviously.

4. furjaw

furjaw AllStar

Jul 29, 2007
    I don't have a land line phone.
    My DVR is hard wired to my router.
    When trying to view a Video-On-Demand I get a message saying that I have to send a text message in order to view the show.
    Why can VuDu do it?

5. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    You must have spontaneous PPV or something like that disabled on your account (whatever they call being able to order at any time). Call DirecTV and explain it to them and they should be able to turn it on, set a dollar limit for it, etc.

6. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    I believe its called impulse PPV.....

7. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Yeah, that's the word I was looking for.

8. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Impulse PPV must be ENABLED in order to order via remote control.

9. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    I know, that's what I meant. His account currently must have impulse PPV disabled. He needs to call DirecTV and have it enabled, and while doing that he should be able to set up limits for how much can be spent, how often, etc. if he wants. I guess my wording was a little unclear.

10. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    How do I order DIRECTV CINEMA™ movies, Pay Per View events and Adult programs?

Just choose one of these options and let the show begin:

1 Order online on directv.com –Browse dedicated pages for movies, live events, Adult programs, and On Demand programs, found under “DIRECTV Everywhere” in the navigation bar at the top of the page. Click a program you're interested in watching to go to its details page, then click "Order." When you order online you can watch your movie or event in any room, on any receiver.
    Browse and order DIRECTV CINEMA™ Movies.
    Browse and order Pay Per View Live Events.
    Browse and order Adult Programs.
    Browse and order DIRECTV CINEMA™ Overnight Delivery Movies.
    2 Order with your remote control –Make sure that your receiver is connected to a land-based phone line or high-speed Internet.
    Learn about the benefits of connecting your receiver to the Internet. More info
    3 Via SMS text message*
    Text MOVIE to 223322 and follow the prompts.
    Text EVENT to 223322 and follow the prompts.
    Text AE to 223322 and follow the prompts.
    You can also pay your DIRECTV bill, check your balance, activate sports and premium networks, and more—anytime, anywhere—with a simple text message. Learn how

*Standard text messaging and data rates may apply.

Via the DIRECTV Phone app on your phone – Select "Order Movie or Event Now" and follow the on-screen prompts.

5 Order by phone Call us at 1-800-531-5000. When prompted, say "Order Cinema" or "Pay Pay View" to order movies or events using our automated phone system. A $1.50 fee applies.
    Was This Helpful?