1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PBS launches new HD channel

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by rtt2, Jul 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtt2

rtt2 Legend

Jan 26, 2003
  2. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    So Winter 2004, is that January 2004 or December 2004? :D

3. Eyedox

Eyedox Legend

Nov 24, 2002
    Actually, its Winter 4002.

4. DarrellP

DarrellP Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    I don't get it, our PBS is already doing this. They mirror the analog programming until 8PM then switch to the "new" digital content. They show a variety of HD, Letterbox and Upconverted material, just as they describe in that article. We haven't had the Demo Loop for a long time.

5. invaliduser88

invaliduser88 Welcome to Torchwood DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Speak for yourself! Our PBS HD channel is still demo loop most of the time!

6. waydwolf

waydwolf Icon

Feb 2, 2003
    Cool! We'll be able to watch smarmy hosts beg for dollars during pledge drives held every three weeks, pseudo-experts appraising truly worthless junk as if they were collectible antiques, and Brideshead Revisted for the two billionth time in higher resolution than ever before!:rolleyes:

7. rtt2

rtt2 Legend

Jan 26, 2003
    I think the PBS show NATURE kicks ass. If you haven't watched it I highly recomend it. Sunday night at 8 o'clock. Its repeated during the week as well but the cinematography is really outstanding.

8. DarrellP

DarrellP Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    I watched Nature last night on PBSHD and it was about elephants. Even though it was a widescreen upconvert, the PQ was still pretty decent. It would have been outstanding if shot/mastered in HD. The 2 shows before Nature were true HD and blew my socks off. The first was about the Sonora Desert and the big huge cactus and the second was Rudy Maxa's Smart Travels Europe, he was in Sicily this time.

invaliduser88, I'm sorry. Once your PBS gets going on HD, you will be blown away. It seems ironic that the land of Mark Cuban does not yet have PBSHD online except for a demo loop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.