1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Richard in NY has 70 HR10-250 HD-Tivos

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Jedk1, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedk1

Jedk1 AllStar

Sep 23, 2003
    I went to PC Richards Electronics Store in Oceanside NY, and finally bought an HD-Tivo. There was an HR10-250 on display in the store.

There were 70 units available in the warehouse (now 69). There were none in the store for sale. When I went to buy it, the salesman said he can't sell it to me directly. It seems you have to be a new customer to DirectTV, and an installer will bring it to your house and install it for you. They checked right there on there computers that I wasn't a current customer to DirectTV. If you are a current customer, and you want one, then call PC Richard and Sons, to find out more about this, because I didn't investige further.

It takes two days from purchase to get it installed. I paid $1000 plus $100 installation, but I just have to bring my receipt back to the store after the installation and get a refund on that. I don't understand why, but the store manager wrote it on my receipt and signed it, so I think that is OK.

By the way, the salesman was really excited to sell me one of these. So when I spoke to the manager, I asked him about he commission, and he said it's big on these units, with a new sign-up.

JedK

2. Shappyss

Shappyss AllStar

Jun 26, 2004
    Got mine at PC Richards too! Made me pay install but I needed it anyway because my dish was full and needed another wire for the second sat input on the DVR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.