1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People Hang on to Them Receipts

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Mojoe376, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Mojoe376

Mojoe376 New Member

Mar 9, 2013
    I have been bugged by those great dish network people for the last month!! Great signs! they cannot keep their records right. I've returned two 722 receivers and they fail to show receipt. Latest threat is to charge for receiver. I've called twice and have yet too get them to correct records. Been with Dish since the beginning but I will cut ties in a minute with the receiver charge. All I can say is everyone hang on to those receipts, you never know when they will screw up!:mad:

2. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    As I mentioned elsewhere here, a client of mine was hit for an unreturned receiver fee for a 722 that was active in her home at the time.

How could a billing system generate a charge for a receiver that was authorized and functioning at the time ??

As noted on some D* issues too, it is just bizarre in some cases what happens in this business.

3. HinterXGames

HinterXGames Godfather

Dec 20, 2012
    The fee could be tied to the return package, not the reciever itself. So if someone orders a return package for an active reciever, then a fee would be assessed even if the reciever is still active.

4. Mojoe376

Mojoe376 New Member

Mar 9, 2013
    I can confirm that my receiver return was due too a defective receiver. But with that being said I will say that dish does not keep their records straight. Even though I have receipts for my returns. They still fell free to keep harassing me. After two calls that confirm my returns. They still do not agree! What else can say but that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Long story short is people keep those receipts! No telling how long? They may never make up their minds...

5. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    Thanks for alerting us to the service you have received. What can I do to help fix the situation? Would you PM me with the phone number on the account to better help you?

6. Mojoe376

Mojoe376 New Member

Mar 9, 2013
    My CSR from my last phone call insured me that it has been taken care of.. but then again that is what the first one said. Let's see, Thanks!

7. Mojoe376

Mojoe376 New Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Well it's finally happened, after three calls to dish they still charge my account for a returned receiver. Kept all my receipts have received all my receipt notices and I still get charged. I been with them for I guess close to twenty years. Anyway been though lots of receivers and this is a first. I have Dirt as well as other options working on the problem. Just disappointing it has to get too this point. Don't know really how much longer I will stay with them.

8. MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 6, 2011
    I have received and replied to the PM that was sent.

9. Mojoe376

Mojoe376 New Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Yes, I see I got it Matt. Thanks for your help now let's see if the right hand will do there thing in 24 to 48 hours. I don't know for sure but there seemed too be problems on this replacement ever since it's beginning. Received two receivers from Dish that I could not to get too boot up. Then this deal??

10. MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 6, 2011
    Please feel free to send me another PM if you are having trouble with the replacement