1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People with HD VIDEO/AUDIO issues, please read.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by paulyjsob, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulyjsob

paulyjsob Cool Member

Feb 13, 2007
    I had the HR20 installed on the 12th of February with constant local HD issues. Constant video/audio dropouts. My original installation was 3 years ago and this one was a dish/HR20 upgrade. I had directv come out a few days ago to look into the local HD issues. Basically, the service guy replaced all the connectors. He said the previous installer used old wire strippers that smudged alum. into the white foam part which worked OK for the old receiver, but not for HD. Anyway, my signal is perfect now. Just a heads up.

2. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    My Dish installer used some fancy piece of equipment to properly align the dish. I was very grateful that I did not have to do this part. The cables, on the other hand, were installed end-to-end by me. I made sure that each connection was done properly and haven't had any audio/video dropouts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.