1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peoples Chce ???

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by bigshew, Jan 6, 2010.

1. bigshew

bigshew Legend

Feb 26, 2007
    I was wondering why a search for the Peoples Choice Awards wasn't finding anything, then I see it is mispelled in the EPG as People's Chce. What kind of dolts are they hiring at Tribune Media Services? :confused:

I went to dishnetwork.com and the guide there has the correct title. Which begs the question, "Why is Dish using 2 sources for the guide info?"

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Dish may be doing their own corrections to Tribune's data (TiVo is known to do this). It's hard to say.

3. bigshew

bigshew Legend

Feb 26, 2007
    I would guess that the vast majority of subscribers get their info from the EPG, not from the online guide. It would make better sense to make corrections to the EPG if any changes are to be made. Could it be that Dish isn't allowed to update the EPG?

4. dragon342

dragon342 AllStar

Oct 30, 2009
    The Epg on the dish home page comes from an other source (zap2it), and the actual EPG on our rcvr's comes from tribune media, so if dish doesn realize the mistake in its actual epd,it wud be corrected! :D

5. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    [​IMG]

The EPG and Zap2It frequently don't match. Why would they? They come from the same source but different workers handle the input. One speaks Tagalog and the other Hindi.:rolleyes:

6. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Man, I love those Tagalongs. :)

7. dragon342

dragon342 AllStar

Oct 30, 2009
    QUOTE=phrelin;2325375]
    [​IMG]

The EPG and Zap2It frequently don't match. Why would they? They come from the same source but different workers handle the input. One speaks Tagalog and the other Hindi.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

:grin::grin::grin:[

8. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    :lol: :D :hurah: