1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Persons Unknown

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by olguy, Aug 29, 2009.

1. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
  2. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I can see why its going to be on NBC as it is produced elsewhere specifically for low budget. NBC might as well be the test platform for broadcast TV's efforts to produce less expensive scripted content. If it fails to draw over 3 million but draws over 2 million they can shuffle it back to Syfy where it can be regarded as moderately successful programming if over 1 million follow it.

3. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    It sounds like a non-fiction version of Big Brother or some reality show!! I have never watched any reality shows, so I obviously don't know, but the premise sounds like many reality shows I hear about. Also, The Nine had a similar background story of not knowing what was going on, who was good, who was bad, and having it unfold each week. Unfortunately, viewers apparently did not give it a chance and it ended before knowing anything.

I managed to catch the full series on the 101 but that was just luck.

4. jclewter79

jclewter79 Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2008
    The networks need to wake up an smell the coffee. There is really no reason this day in age for the networks to think they are intitled to better number for scripted programming than the basic pay channels. In fact with some of the crap they are putting out, they should be ashamed. If the big 4 would lower their expectations a bit, they might learn they are not hurting as bad as they would like us to think they are.