1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peyton Manning called me about DirecTV !

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Bobman, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobman

Bobman Hall Of Fame

Jan 3, 2006
    Yesterday I received a prerecorded call from Payton Manning telling me about DirecTV's Sunday Ticket NFL package. Now they are offering a low monthly payment plan that is $40 off regular price.

Anyone else get this yet ?

2. Smthkd

Smthkd Icon

Sep 1, 2004
    LOL! You made it sound like Peyton Manning called you personally! :D Mods, you might want to change his title to "Voice recording of Peyton Manning!

3. byron

byron Icon

Nov 15, 2004
    lol.. i think it's pretty obvious what he was talking about.... anyone who has ever seen a D* knows that the manning family is the poster child for D*'s Sunday Ticket. Wierd that they would be promoting it this early/late though. I mean ST is pointless right now.

4. diver90

diver90 Cool Member

May 1, 2005
    He's a good athlete but has the personality / charisma of a bucket of rocks.

5. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    Selling ST now? And to top it off, using Manning to sell it? Talk about bad marketing AND bad timing!!!

6. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    Isn't the $40 off regular price pretty standard for ordering early? Or maybe that's the normal renewal thing, if you renew early. Trying to hit while the NFL iron is hot, I suppose.

7. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    I guess since his originally scheduled activities for this week and weekend, had to be "canceled"... he had nothing better to do.

8. Smthkd

Smthkd Icon

Sep 1, 2004
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. sobal

sobal AllStar

Jun 4, 2004
    I disagree about his personality. He's hilarious! Haven't you seen the commercial where he pretends to be a fan of people doing ordinary jobs? He is a very funny actor.

10. newsposter

newsposter Hall Of Fame

Nov 12, 2003
    hey bill clinton called me last year :)

11. bpatt

bpatt Cool Member

Nov 23, 2005
    Received my monthly DIRECTV News for February email yesterday. In it, it lists 2006 MVP Easy Pay Offer 11 payments of $19 for Sunday Ticket (Total=$209).

So I call in. CSR Kaelin tells me that I'm already listed at the renewal rate of 4 payments of $49.75 (Total=$199), with Superfan 2006 as a one time $49 fee.

She offered to switch me to the 11 payment plan. No thanks - I don't need a $10 interest charge here.

BTW: Kind of a funny moment. When I first dialed in, I heard a few clicks - and then a woman's voice gushes the message "Congratulations! You have been identified as one of our best customers!". So I'm smiling (picture: "Yeah I'm the man.") :D A few moments later I'm asked "Please enter your telephone number." :confused:

12. Clemsole

Clemsole Godfather

Sep 8, 2005
    Washington...
    I live in a state where it is against the law to call with a prerecoeded message, thank you Washington State, so I don't have to put up with that kind of sales junk.

13. quickfire

quickfire Godfather

Nov 13, 2003
    That's...... F U N N Y.....Go Steeler's!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.