1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Phase 3 dish work with Mpeg4 receivers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mikenospam72, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikenospam72

mikenospam72 New Member

Sep 9, 2006
    Hello

If I have the elliptical 3-phase dish, and want to have high definition, is it possible to even use the newer Mpeg4 receivers?

I guess what I'm wondering, if I don't change the dish, what are my options? Is it as simple as if you want mpeg4, you need 5 lnb dishes?

2. mhayes70

mhayes70 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Yes, you can use a MPEG-4 receiver with a 3-phase dish. If you want the HD channels in MPEG-4, then all you need to do is upgrade the dish to a 5 lnb dish in the future.

3. Cap'n Preshoot

Cap'n Preshoot Godfather

Jul 16, 2006
    You can use the new MPEG-4 receiver with the 3-LNB dish and still watch the MPEG-2 HD stations (HDNet, etc), but no, you won't have any MPEG-4 reception until you replace the dish with the 5 lnb model.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.