1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Phila HD Locals

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ronfil56, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronfil56

ronfil56 Cool Member

Feb 3, 2003
    I was wondering about the PQ of the new Philly HD locals. I've been a D* customer for about 10 years. I use Comcast for my ISP, as well as for digital cable, here in the Bensalem, Pa area. My Comcast HD picture quality is amazing. I receive the following channels;

Comcast Sports Net HD - Channel 200
    Espn HD - Channel 202
    TNT HD - 204
    Discovery HD Theater - 205
    INHD - 206
    INHD 2 - 207

Plus all locals from CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, PBS, WB & UPN

Is it worth it to upgrade my D*?

2. ravinpat

ravinpat AllStar

Jan 20, 2004
    Hi if you love the Flyers, Sixers and Phillies, its probably not worth your time. You won't get Comcast Sports net on D.

3. newsposter

newsposter Hall Of Fame

Nov 12, 2003
    If PQ is ok, stay where you are. pbs/upn/wb/tnt aren't on Directv HD. If I didn't have reservations about the moxi box for my local cable co, i'd probably be there now. Also i'm not sure how their pic is compared to my OTA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.